Friday, June 01, 2007

throat coat

Today is day six of the worst sore throat of my life. I've been to the doctor and she deemed it a virus. Two or three ibuprofen and something hot to drink every four hours are keeping me alive, but this bug has ruined a weeks worth of good things, including my forty first birthday. Last night John took me to Mountain Lake for the night. What could have been a lovely little trip was more of a sanatorium visit, a full nights sleep without children waking me up. Ella's last day of preschool was a bit of a blur, but I'm glad that John's parents were here to take the children for a few days.

We have come to the point at which we need a codeword for "I am too sick to take care of the children."

For the first time in my life that Throat Coat tea just isn't viscous and sickly sweet ENOUGH.

No comments: