Saturday, June 16, 2007

father's day flambe

Ten fourteen and John has packed the kids out to Pandapas for a guided "snake tour". I'm sorry to miss that one. Apparently Rudi the reptile guy always catches a few. I've cooked a hundred meatballs---chicken, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame, and panko. I've set up a "sangria bar" and the grill is on the front porch for the chicken skewers. Someone at John's office was a little worried we were having tofu burgers. I've also made noodles, tea eggs, peanut sauce, and a big salad with crunchy bok choy, steamed broccoli, romaine, carrots, turnip, chow mein noodles, and a gingery viniagrette. For sangria I have peach puree, apples, kiwis, pineapple, bananas, tangerines, lemons. Oh, for dessert--fruit skewers.

John is in charge of the bonfire so luckily I got him The Dangerous Book for Boys by Gonn and Hal Iggulden. And we called the fire chief.

Back to cooking.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

I love the idea of the Dangerous Book for Boys.

I have some brush to burn, but I'm afraid it's too dry to risk it. Isn't funny how men are drawn to fires? They just love them. Poking at them...feeding them...making them bigger. It's such a boy thing.