Tuesday, June 05, 2007

once again

I just lost a short post about succotash and death by sore throat.

The children and are off taking the rest cure at my mothers. It is a very southern style bed and breakfast with starched white sheets, homemade biscuits, and a nightly whipoorwill.

I'm working on the mission statement for The Little School while the baby is napping on the sofa. Ella was very excited about going to work with my mother today. She is a nanny and her young charges are Ella's friends. I'm going to make Ina Garten's turkey meatloaf today and little red potatoes with viniagrette. Then John and I are going to take his trucks out to to a shady spot in the gravel driveway and move some earth and build some roads.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Succotash was always one of those foods I loved to say...like rutabagas...but didn't particularly like as a kid.

Sorry about the sore throats!