Sunday, June 24, 2007

rabbit, rabbit


rabbit, rabbit, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

Doesn't this girl look like she needs some goats and chickens to take care of. I've been slightly riled up about moving lately. More in my mind than anything else. I keep seeing an old white house. A porch. Floors made out of real wood. It is not so much that I want a bigger or better house, just one that seems like home.

John was talking to a waitress at Gillies the other day about my dream of goat cheese and chickens. Meredith wrote down the title of a book and gave him the slip of paper. Later that same night I was poking around on the internet about Barbara Kingsolver's new book "Animal,Vegetable, Miracle". In the morning I saw that slip of paper on the kitchen counter with her book recommendation----"Animal, Vegetable, Miracle".

This is Ella at Cypress' birthday party. The kids played a bat game, waded in Sinking Creek, and had an all around great morning.

No comments: