Saturday, June 09, 2007

seven days later

My week in the country is coming to an end. I'm packing up the piles of little laundry and stacking the books. I'm dying to download some pictures...the stag beatle, the black widow spider. One would think I'd been on a National Geographic bug tour. Today I went shopping. Alone. I looked at shoes, clothes, you name it. Wow, clothes are expensive. It was absolutely strange to be in a mall by myself. When I got home the kids were listening to opera and playing dressup in a dim, incense shrouded living room.

I read a book this week. Julie and Julia, My Year of Cooking Dangerously by Julie Powell. She cooks all the recipes in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of Frecnch Cooking in one year. Now I want to buy a set of Julia Child DVDs. I have the book. I doubt that my vegetarian husband could bear too many of the recipes, but perhaps we can take on the fish and vegetables.

More stories and pictures to come.

No comments: