Saturday, February 17, 2007

minus five

I just couldn't keep posting breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Gah, the boredom. I just don't even have that much computer time. I've lost five pounds. Hey, forty to go.

Last night I heard that some of my old women friends are going to Paris to celebrate their fortieth birthdays, and for almost twenty four hours I was pretty jealous. Then I did some reality math. They all have jobs, good ones. None of them have children. They have fancy shoes and seven hundred dollar coats. I have John and Ella. The math is pretty good. ( I really used to like shoes though).

Then to ice the cake I realized that I've been to Paris. It was fabulous, especially in the early morning when the sidewalks are all freshly washed.The bread is good, as are the french fries. I saw lightening strike the Eiffel Tower over and over from my hotel window. The insane walk the streets with vintage prams full of Barbie dolls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

life has many rewards .... this blog's journey about two little
children is a wonderful gift ....
shouldn't this blog focus more on that trip than aspect of one's life .... a family friend

The Mater said...

It sounds like you have the best of both worlds - your two precious children and your memories of Paris.

Don't forget this math equation too: subtract five pounds and add one pat on the back. Congrats!