Monday, February 19, 2007

anonymous

You are no friend. A friend wouldn't invalidate any feeling that I had, especially one written here. Come as you wish, take what you will, and let well enough alone. There is more to me than the sugar coating and the smiling photographs.. We all give up things to get where we are, and there is nothing wrong with wishing for a trip to Paris or a pair of shoes. I'm a girl for chrissakes. For the most part my clothes come off the five dollar clearance rack at Target or from the Thrift Store. I'm trying to lose weight. I want chickens. Sometimes the grass looks greener, if only for a second. This is my life.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on!

The Mater said...

Keep wishing, babe! Let hubby mind the chickens while you get free range over the French countryside in your new shoes! Doesn't hurt to dream and think of yourself sans children. After all, what's left when the kids leave home is ... what's left of you. That's the substance you take with you way past the age of forty.

Go gently.

Ellamama said...

Thank you Mater. You are my wise friend.

Sally said...

Sal, what the heck? People who rain on your parade are too angry and sad to look at their own. Take back the night!

much love,
Sally

Anonymous said...

I don't get trolls at all. Nothing I've ever heard a troll say has ever made any sense. Oh well. I so get you. Mater sounds like she's got some good advice!

Anonymous said...

you have lovely children .... sorry
about the comments...life has many
challenges...those who dwell on the
positive aspects of life enjoy many
rewards

Unknown said...

Chickens are easy enough, you could raise them on that hillside in a snap. Do you have enough sun back there for a garden? I was going to send you seeds, but I didn't know if it was too woodsy for tomatoes & squash... xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Sally, I'm all for a trip to Paris. When do you want to go???

Ellamama said...

Wow, thanks to all the nice folks. The comments and the emails have been reasuring me that I actually still exist. I'm going to be existing even more here in the future. I'm putting the mama back in oya baka mama. (Plus, I'm the only one here that can read and write.)