Tuesday, June 08, 2010

summer


hat, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

I always said that a two piece bathing suit was not the best choice for a young girl, and then I saw this one at Target and threw it in the cart. Who can resist? They had that whole Liberty collection, and then poof it was gone.

Speaking of bathing suits, I hate them. More specifically, I don't like putting them on. Even when I was a younger and had a great body, it just wasn't me. Now, it is just an atrocity really. Last year I bought one of those pricey Land's End one piece suits. I liked the top, but the leg openings just hit me all wrong. They are neither high nor low, just wrong. I keep thinking it is the kind of bathing suit that would look great with jeans and a white linen shirt.

In a fit of panic about having to go to the lake with my most lovely and also not skinny mama friends, I ordered a Land's End tankini top, the one with the adjustable sides that you can pull up tight or wear long at the hip. I love it. I could run in it, and with three children I will be running in it. Apart from that, it is also pretty. If only I'd planned what I was going to wear on the bottom.

I think linen pants would be nice.

No comments: