Tuesday, June 08, 2010

ella art 2010


ella art 2010, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

I've been trying to take pictures of the kid's artwork as opposed to trying to keep all of it. I've got a portfolio going for a few pieces from each year, and I'm keeping the self portraits from school, but I feel like I've been riding the wave of paper that comes home from school and then meets with the wave that is created at my dining room table.

I think that her art teacher at school does a tremendous job introducing them to the art world in an academic sense and then giving them the tools and time to create things that are truly their own. When it was decided that the school day would be lengthened Ella almost automatically commented that she would like her extra time to be in art class.

No comments: