Tuesday, June 22, 2010

solstice

We had a bonfire for solstice, and bedtime stories were read outdoors. John is in Egypt camp this week, and we are enjoying one of his first forays into the world without us. On the first day he was happy until I tried to leave, and then he cried and had the biggest frown. He said, "I don't think that I can do this." His friend Hallie took his hand like a little old annoyed wife and helped him into the line, and then he was fine. Now he is have a wonderful time talking about mummies, listening to stories, and thinking about going to kindergarten. This afternoon in the car Hallie told him that he was her brother now.

I asked him if he liked honeydew melon, and he said, "No, I like two eggs scrambled together." I thing that sums it up about the way summer is going. We are enjoying the pace of home.

No comments: