Friday, June 18, 2010

friday

I'm happy that the single parenting portion of my week is now over. It is just more confortable to have two grownups and a couple of working telephones. Yesterday Ruby gave my cell phone a good washing in the sink, and I had to spend the night phoneless. I opened up the house to let in the cool night air and started hearing noises everywhere. Our backyard is the woods, and all kinds of creatures wander up at night. The coons like to wrestle with my composter, and the deer prance around. What kind of pioneer woman would I make, here in the city without my cellphone? I flashed my carlights to make some ruckus and slept with my car keys and alarm button next to my bed. I was wondering how I could get the police on the Internet if I needed to. Oh, Caroline Ingalls.

For the most part I've been organizing closets and drawers all week. I've taken a few more carloads to the Goodwill. Our realtor was here last week and sent me a list of all the things I would need to do to put our house on the market. Let's just say it is a long list, but it can certainly be achieved with the help of a good contractor, some guys at Lowes, and a middle aged woman with three littles who isn't afraid to take a crowbar to the kitchen counters. Oh, that and a couple of thousand dollars.

Tomorrow I want to bake some pies, and sunday we go to get our big girl.

No comments: