Thursday, December 03, 2009

One To Grow On

Do you need a new blog to read? My friend Chrislyn is taking her children around the world in more than eighty days while her husband is in Iraq. She says, "Well, I guess it was my idea. The trip part, anyway. Although I can’t take credit for the whole war in Iraq, thank heavens. Who am I? Well, the easy answers are a wife, a mom, a reader, someone who loves to go, a real fan of my cat, Phoebe. I’m a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a friend, a member of a great food coop and a cool homeschool group, and a cook of all things beany. I’m an Army wife, part of a strong network of women who really know and owner of an address book crammed packed with great friends and neighbors from 7 postings in 9 years of marriage. At the end of the day I’m the one who, when learning that her husband was leaving for 12 more months in Iraq, said, Huh. Well, kids, pack your bags."

They have camped their way down the west coast of the United States, flown to London, spent some time in Japan, and are now in Auckland, New Zealand. They are going to Southeast Asia, Nepal, Tibet, India, and Beijing, and then back to London for some backpacking around Europe.

This is putting a whole new spin on homeschooling. Roadschooling. It sounds amazing and wonderful.

No comments: