Wednesday, December 23, 2009

all wrapped up


all wrapped up, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

I just finished Ruby's silk and flannel blanket and her matroyshka doll. Most of the presents are wrapped, and I mailed my cards today. We are leaving in the morning to spend the weekend with John's family, and I'm packing holiday treats, a Rustichella d'Abruzzo panettone, prosecco, organic tangelos, and nuts in the shell. I'm taking salads and ingredients for some vegetarian main dishes. I went to the famer's market today, and I'm going to bake an apple pie in the morning.

John and I ran some errands today, and I experienced a christmas miracle. The last pair of snowpants in the New River Valley were chocolate brown and size 10/12. The girls and I arrived home in the dark and the boys had started a fire in the front yard and were looking at the moon through the telescope. The children planned our christmas eve eve feast for tonight. Grilled cheese sandwiches, mashed potatoes with rosemary and butter, and spinach salad with goat cheese, almonds, red onions, oranges, and raspberry hazelnut dressing. There were gingerbread men for dessert.

We'll be over the river and through the woods until sunday.

No comments: