Sunday, December 20, 2009

from snow cream to felted hedgehogs


mamaruby, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

What a fun weekend when we can't get in the car and drive anywhere. John has been the king of snowpants all weekend. He has been fearless on the the sled.

We made snowcream twice, and John said that he had eaten a cloud.

Today we made split pea soup with yukon gold potatoes and a whole wheat irish soda bread, the perfect dinner for a cold snowy night and tired bodies. Ruby sat on a stool outside of the oven watched the bread bake.

I finished one of my down to the wire christmas projects, a felted scarf, and although it was beautiful before it was felted, it now looks like a big long stuffed animal. I was planning on needle felting celtic spirals on the ends, but now I'm thinking of making some felted hedgehogs out of it in the new year. It fuzzed more than it felted. I'll start a new scarf next week.

I still have a blanket to stitch and a matroyshka doll for Ruby. Two waldorf dolls are in the works for John and Ruby, but they might not be under the tree on Christmas morning. Perhaps they will be tucked in their beds for Epiphany.

No comments: