Monday, September 15, 2008

mama and ruby


mama and ruby, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

We all picked raspberries on sunday afternoon. We are still grasping at every little bit of summer, but the spiders and the goldenrod are hinting at cool weather ahead. We picked a gallon of berries. Late last night I made a cobbler to have for breakfast this morning and in lunchboxes.

I used that old simple ten dollar pudding recipe.

1 stick of melted butter
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
spoonful of vanilla
3 tsp baking powder
1 quart of fruit, heated

Mix up the batter, pour it into the pan, and then pour the fruit on top.
Bake at 350, 45 minutes to one hour. The recipe is just the right size for a pretty stoneware deep dish pie pan.

Ruby is starting to like riding face forward in her sling, sitting like a little Buddha. She didn't mind the raspberry picking as long at I kept her face out of the sun.

1 comment:

Samantha Caffee said...

Oh, my goodness that sounds so yummy! I wish I had some right now!