Saturday, September 13, 2008

bread

I put some bread in the oven at eleven fifteen tonight, and it takes about forty five minutes to bake. Oatmeal molasses bread made with the King Arthur white wheat flour.

I just spent some time looking at Three Sisters Toys. I got a pacifier clip and rattle for Miss Ruby, and I'm starting to thing about Christmas. Little John has been talking about "Hainta". I think I'm going to call Santa Hainta forever. That blue color for the ceilings of porches in the south is called Haint Blue.

Three Sisters is a beautiful little toystore. John and Ruby would like all their gifts from Hainta to come from there. Ella? Well, she started playing Sim City today, so she'll just be needing Abraham Lincoln biographies and maybe a laptop. Daddy's girl. She spent some time today studying three dimensional maps of the universe and watched some Nova Science now reruns. She tried to knit but got frustrated.

She did perfectly on her first test on friday. Ten correct spelling words. She was very proud that her teacher wrote awesome at the top. They finished Little House in the Big Woods and started on Little House on the Prairie. She wonders if I would ever punch a bear in the nose, and she is completely willing to use a corncob wrapped in the handkerchief as a doll.

1 comment:

Amy said...

might you email me the recipe? I have that flour in my pantry ...