Sunday, August 05, 2007

traveler

My big girl has gone to her grandparent's house for five nights. She left yesterday morning and my is it quiet around here. There are no leggings or cardigans on the floor. Ella's perfect weather requires leggings, a cardigan, and a sundress, but it is August, and she sheds the extra layers rapidly. I miss her. Last night when I talked to her she was eating "a cookie the size of an elephant that has so much sugar that I can see the crystals of sugar on the outside"

I spent the day playing with John and trying to extract our house from a state of squalor caused by not being at home for a few weeks. It is coming around. I cleaned out the fridge and prepared for the next big round of vegetables on tuesday. For dinner we had salad, steamed carrots, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers and onions with vinegar, green beans cooked with fingerling potatoes, and biscuits.

No comments: