Saturday, May 05, 2007

spider

Ella had a big spider in her room this morning, so I caught it for her in a mason jar. She brought it downstairs to show off and John took one look at it and went to the bookshelf. He brought his father two books, The Itsy Bitsy Spider and Miss Spider's Listening Walk. He likes to keep a few reference books on hand.

Yesterday afternoon I took the children to the Pond with a few playgroup friends. The cool mist was hanging at the ridgeline, but it didn't rain. The baby geese were yellow green, and the children found a lot of good insects in the damp leaves. We saw some beautiful black cup mushrooms filled with rainwater. The Portlandish weather had been easy on the eyes and good for all my plants.

The garden is looking especially lush with the rain and all the new additions. There are more perennials to come this week from Vermont. My sister in law sent me a gift certificate for plants for my impending birthday, and I ordered more than I can even recall. I'm ordering a truckload of mulch this week, and the house is being painted towards the end of May. Then we'll have a few pictures.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

We have some scary spiders here where I live. I am glad to see the rain...things are finally greening back up here.