Sunday, May 27, 2007

ladybird

Ella and her friend were talking in the back seat while I was driving to the farmer's market.

Friend: "Do you like Mary Kate and Ashley Olson?"
Ella:"I don't know."

Ella: "Do you like Ladybird Johnson?"
Friend: "I don't know."

I was proud as heck of Ella when she explained why we were driving to the Farmer's Market after her friend offered some information about how Wal-Mart was much closer. Ella very politely explained that "in our family" we don't eat food that could possibly have pesticides and chemicals on it because they might be poisonous.

This is unrelated but John Lennon's piano was at the market, and I wanted Ella to see it. It travels around the country to sites of violence and it is currently at the Squires Center at Virginia Tech. Imagine.

No comments: