Thursday, January 05, 2006

red tulips


red tulips, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

It is time to post some new year's resolutions. I'm a little late, but I've been thinking about it. I am turning forty this spring. This list might take me a few days.

1. Embrace optimism.
2. Get healthier.I would like to lose twenty five pounds by the time I turn forty.
3. Stay better connected with old friends and make new ones.
4. Become a part of a community of neighbors and friends. We are moving into our new house this month, a place we will live in for a few years.
5. Make our new house a home that accommodates the child world and the grownup world.
6. Find a babysitter. Maybe start a babysitting co-op.
7. Quit giving J the eye...or just give him the other eye.

8.I feel that being a parent is something that I'm pretty good at. When I say I want to be a better parent I mean that I want to make homemade playdoh, finally make blue glittery flubber for ella, do more projects that involve large quantities of glitter, glue, wet paint, and anything else messy. I want to sing more songs, better and louder. I want to go on more walks with them and read them more books. I want to help them write books and draw the pictures. I want to paint castle architecture on the wall of the playroom. I want Ella to love broccoli again. I want to bake more bread with her.

9. I am going to let go of the feeling of impending doom. I think it is genetic, and I'm going to beat it.


more later....

1 comment:

John Provo said...

Good thoughts and a beautiful picture