Monday, January 23, 2006

Moving

The move is getting close. Closer than close as it is in progress. This house is mostly just furniture. There is nothing on the walls, all the books are moved, and the toys are all gone with the exception of a few baskets and some art supplies. I haven't packed the dining room or the kitchen cabinets.

On the other end, I've cleaned almost all the carpets. The living room has to be finished before the big finale on saturday. I bought four new smoke dectectors, three light fixtures, cabinet pulls for the kitchen and bathroom, and some tile for the kitchen counter. There are two countertops, and I got enough for the easy, perfectly rectangular one--no tile cutting needed. It is porcelain but looks like brown stone, Arezzo Gold for anyone spending as much time at Home Depot as I am. For the sink side I'm going to need some advice from someone who knows what they are doing. I would love a whole stainless countertop, but John thinks it would look mismatched with the stone. Cost is also a factor. If I can figure out how to tile it myself it will be better. The big 12" tiles are two dollars and we could accent with some tumbled stone tiles in brown tones around the sink with brown grout. I have watched too many home shows on cable.

Today I set up the broadband internet and reserved a huge moving truck--26 feet, one load, for saturday.

Baby is going to the doctor this afternoon. He is starting to act a little more like himself, but he spent most of the morning sobbing and coughing. He is still conjested and has a stuffy nose---a cold from Ella on top of the remnants of the Christmas cold. Both of them sounded like they had emphysema--just like every other kid at the preschool. Some of them were barking. Maybe they all have whooping cough. A ten minute steam in the bathrooom, some saline nasal spray, and a little nap have improved John's demeanor. Now I'm ready for bed, and it is two in the afternoon.

2 comments:

The Daily Gus said...

I wish I could come help. Right now I thinnk I would be wheezing right alongside your chilluns. *SIGH*

Ellamama said...

Things are already better this morning after one dose of medicine. John had an ear infection. This morning his nose isn't even running, and he is very cheerful. It is probably the cough syrup.