Tuesday, January 17, 2006

5 weird things...

1. I have sarcodosis. I had my first major episode when Ella was one, but I know in retropspect that I've had the disease longer. I have lung, liver, and eye involvement. I don't have any symptoms now. There is no known cause or cure. Autoimmune diseases don't like to travel alone, so I have another one called morphea.
2. I do not believe in the death penalty.
3. I think the telephone is a priviledge not a given. I am hard core phone phobic. Recently I have contemplated talking to a doctor about this. I went so far as to pick up a pamphlet, but I didn't say anything to my doctor, leading me to believe that I also have some sort of social anxiety disorder.
4. Speaking of phobias, I think that most people are going to drop my children when they are holding them. I know intellectually that it isn't true, but I'm just waiting to hear the thunk of their little heads on the floor, and I wonder what I'll do when it happens.
5. I have been coloring my hair for twenty years, and I recently quit. I'm not really a redhead. Or any shade of gold or blonde. My hair is the color of an aging mouse. This isn't really weird I guess, but it is a strange process to be going through.

Thanks for the traffic thoughts Cait. I want my beloved to list 5 weird things about himself on his blog BECAUSE HE WANTS US TO TAKE A STATUE OF BENJAMIN FRANKLIN OUT TO DINNER TONIGHT. And we live in a small town. Steve isn't writing anything here lately, so I'd love to hear five strange things from him.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please bring a camera to dinner tonight. Please?

John Provo said...

In all fairness its a very small statue. And how often does he have a 300th birthday.

John Provo said...

First on my list I suppose would be the Franklin-philia

The spring break proposal I've made is at this link...

http://japery.blogspot.com/2006/01/i-am-franklin-freak.html

The Daily Gus said...

Your husband is a strange one. You knew that when you married him, though, which is part of his delightful charm. :) Thanks for doing this. I'm so glad you haven't had another sarcoidosis episode since the first one, that was a serious downer, and I was really, really worried about you. I'm glad you've been able to control it.

The Daily Gus said...

Oh and i meant to say: regarding the death penalty---I think i changed my mind on this one in regards to the people who murdered the Harveys. I definitely do not want them to have the gift of life when they took it from Kathyrn, Bryan, Stella and Ruby.

Ellamama said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ellamama said...

I think that the Harvey's are what got me thinking about the death penalty. I have never believed in it, but am always willing to give any issue another mental run through in light of current events. Child murdering. Family murdering. Looking at those guys pictures in the paper scared me. You could see something really evil in their faces.

For me it comes down to two issues. Does killing require killing in retribution? Our current prison system certainly did not serve these men well, but by killing them aren't we in a way condoning killing as a society.

I also think that lethal injection is too good, too easy, for those guys. I think it would be like a blessing for them. I hope that they are repeatedly raped in prison before being murdered with razor blades and blunt objects--very slowly.