Sunday, July 24, 2005

Weekend

Mr Cleaver is out mowing the lawn this morning. It was getting pretty deep, and some cauldron of heat is approaching from the west. He filled up Ella's pink pool for later in the day.

I'm painting the living room closet, and then E and I are going to paint her oven and some shelves for her room. I'm trying to work myself into some sort of nesting phase, but it isn't real...I'm just afraid it isn't going to kick in. Yesterday we had a great day. In the early morning we went to the Farmer's Market. It always makes me want to move to Floyd. Here is the latest interesting listing. 16 acres right near the parkway. http://www.navicamls.net/prospect/default.asp?k=126&b=276925&a=360&c=3993

After the market, John and Ella went to the democratic party HQ (doughnuts!) and I went to get a haircut and a pedicure. I had saved a birthday present gift card for a pre-baby outing. J and E then went to the Easy Chair Bookstore for story hour, and Ella met a friend who read to her for quite a while after that. Then we got some tacos at the Cabo Fish Taco place. It was much better than the last time..they actually brought me what I ordered. Last time they did not and didn't even know or admit it when I asked. Great cole slaw with spices and roasted pumpkin seeds. If you are craving cabbage, go there. There is great cabbage in the taco too. ;) It could be a pregnant thing too. It would be a great restaurant if they made their own sauce.

Then we drove around Airport Acres to see if there were any for sale signs. John did run into a friend there, and he liked the dense little shaded neighborhood.

Ella fell asleep on the way home, but then she woke up within 5 minutes of being in her bed. I was having lots of contractions, and John played with her in her room for an hour and a half while I took a nap. Later, Ella played in her pool, and we tried to get the morning glories to climb the trellis.

1 comment:

The Daily Gus said...

the floyd house is great. good price, too! go for it! if you don't already have a realtor, you could always get one just to email you listings---by the time you see the For Sale signs, there's usually already a contract on a place. :(

i miss you guys. I want to come visit but I know you've had so much family visiting lately... I'll come once you need a babysitter for JohnJohn, OK? xoxox. take it easy in this heat!