Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Domestic Anxiety

Ella has covered the entire futon in puzzles and her personal library. In between play sessions, she is helping me with her room. I have been organizing everything she owns and putting away clothes for both John and Ella. All of his clothes are washed and the crib things are in the washer now. Yesterday E was against the crib being for her baby brother. She thought that it was going to be for her dolls. She thought that the baby could sleep in her bed and he cuddled by her. Hopefully her outlook on this subject will have improved by the time we put up the crib today. She has a mobile to build, so maybe that will help. I put another coat of paint on her little stove a few minutes ago. There was no way that I was letting her help again. She was a great sander. She scrubbed away like a demon. Her painting didn't have quite the finesse and required three hairwashes during the project. It was freakishly hot, and I shouldn't have even attempted it on the front porch.Finally I convinced her that she was finished and gave her a bath in the pool before she could even go in. There is only a little paint left in her hair.

Some sort of nesting instinct must be kicking in today. I am so sure that I have to take everything out of the pantry and rearrange it.

1 comment:

The Daily Gus said...

Hang in there! Only another what, two weeks? :)