Monday, March 12, 2007

spring cleaning, spiritual and otherwise

John continued the attic insulation project this weekend, and I demolished and reconstructed the big storage room in the basement. Isn't it funny the the projects we resist the most are actually fairly simple? All our tools/ home improvement/ lawn things are organized. There were multiple trips to the dump and Goodwill as well. The area under the deck is clean and no longer a eyesore. We dumped the hot tub and put in fresh water. I organized all the children's clothes and room. All my craft supplies are upstairs. On Sunday John holed up in the office to put our finances on Quicken and load last year onto Turbo Tax.

Today I worked on the basement and organized the playroom. I added a few clotheslines to the Ella Gallery and did some urban renewal on the island of Sodor. I cleaned two castles and a theatre. Art supplies are organized, and I have some supply bags going for the marble run we are going to make.

There are still miles to go, but I think we have a fresh start going. I realized how hard it is to move into a new house with a six month old, and we are really just starting to dig into some darker corners. Now if we could just get a bed in the guest room and start our ebay store for the comics and books.

No comments: