Saturday, March 10, 2007

noodles::sauce

orchid's cool noodles

2 pounds linguine, cooked
sesame oil, start with maybe 2 tbsp
balsamic vinegar or chinese black vinegar if you have it, 1-2 tbsp
chopped spring onions, one bunch
finely grated fresh ginger, one or two tablespoons
1 tbsp hot oil or ground cayenne to taste, the heat will increase with time

adjust sesame oil and vinegar to taste
let "marinate" overnight


peanut sauce

3 garlic cloves
2/3 bunch cilantro
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp soy sauce
5 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp sherry
1-2 tbsp chili oil (sometimes, if grown ups are going to eat this i'll throw in a seeded serrano or jalapeno)
water to thin while processing

Process in the blender or food processor. Go ahead and double the recipe because it keeps indefinetely. I made the noodles, peanut sauce, and chinese tea eggs for Ella's birthday celebration in October, and it was a huge hit. I serve it on a huge platter using the noodles as a "nest" with the beautiful eggs in the middle. I sprinkle the whole thing with chopped cilantro.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mom sent me this exact recipe and I still use it. I love it!
Your 4 year roomie!