Tuesday, October 03, 2006

roseola bumberpants

I am a grownup who missed out on a lot of childhood illnesses, so I'm getting them all as an adult. Chickenpox was bad at thirty. Roseola at forty is pretty easy, especially now that the fever is over. I haven't been back to the doctor, but I was exposed to roseola, I have all the symptoms of roseola, blah, blah, blah. I have an autoimmune disease, and you don't know how happy it makes me when I find out that I have an "actual" bacteria or virus. Thrillsville. It isn't just my immune system trying to ingest my eyeball or some other very important part of my body that I might be needing, as in, to live. The icing on the cake will be when one of my kids gets the roseola, and it better not be this weekend. It is Dan Zane weekend, and I'll be taking that roseola to the show. Fine. It is good to get these things out of the way early. I like to say "roseola". I wonder if I'm like the typhoid Mary of our preschool.

No comments: