Thursday, October 05, 2006

Countdown to Five

Friday, Saturday, Sunday....birthday. Saturday is the big surprise show. Sunday we see the Catlins. Monday is the party that is keeping Ella from sleeping at night. The Pinata is done but must be stuffed. The menu is planned yet must be prepared. Just pray for sunshine so that we can use the playground because I really don't want to come up with a kid party project. I just want food, friends, cake, and did I mention twelve preschoolers beating a paper butterfly with a stick. I'm a little appalled at myself, but it is a pinata. Ella is a little bit Portuguese. Does that buy you a pinata? Is that kinda Latina?

Single mom week is almost over and what have I really accomplished. I drank a lot of coffee. (Thank you, Nancy!) The car is freshly oiled yet apparently needs five hundred dollars worth of new tires. Crap. Crap. Crap. The car has 34 thousand miles on it! Home and car ownership and management make me hyperventilate because everything seems to cost five hundred dollars that we don't have. Well, the dishes are washed, the floor is somewhat clean, the children have been sleeping since seven, and now I better get to the packing.

No comments: