Tuesday, April 18, 2006

playdate

Ella is having a friend over to play tomorrow, and I just baked 2 dozen cupcakes for them to decorate. I colored the cream cheese icing with some natural vegetable dye in a pale pink and there is lavender "eating glitter" to sprinkle on them. The playroom is clean and the rest of the house is presentable. How much of that would a four year old notice anyway---I have "eating glitter".

I took two friends of E's in to ballet today, not realizing that I would have to get all three into tights, leotards, and ballet slippers with baby John in tow. That worked, and then two of them ran away down the hall. I won't do that one again.

We did some planting in the yard today,coral bells and hostas, and I starting building a low retaining wall next to the steep bank. The city came and worked on our drainage issues after the big storm the other day. Some of the plants I put in to stop the erosion on the steep bank completely washed away.

No comments: