Thursday, August 04, 2005

Three Year Old Bus Stop

When E wants some attention from John she goes and stands on her bed and calls out that she is waiting at the three year old bus stop. He is to run in there and pick up her, either on his back or "like a sack of potatoes". The sack of potatoes request is usually at bedtime.

I use her like a magic eight ball all the time. I ask her daily if the baby will be born that day. She has had several good answers. Her number one answer is, " No". Sometimes she says, "I know because I'm down with him" Her most mature answer is, " I can't tell you because he'll be born when he is ready." This morning she said he would be here at "6:20 of the longest day." Consider that nine months ago we were driving north on route 15 and Ella said, "Did you know that there is a baby in your belly?". No, I did not know.

No comments: