Saturday, August 28, 2010

weekend

At about eleven o'clock this morning John came to me to find out when this weekend was going to end so that he could go back to school. This afternoon he and I went to Lowe's together and for a bike ride in the park. He was wondering whether or not Santa Claus was visible or invisible, and he settled on the notion that he had a "stellascope". He thinks that the only people who have ever seen Santa Claus are the mailman and his friend Foster.

I went through all the kid's clothes today and put them all away. In the morning I'm labeling the little drawers so that everyone will start to put things in the right drawer. It isn't apparent yet, but I have decluttering plans going on all around the house. Some things went to the school yardsale, and I've been stopping by the thrift store dropoff regularly. I'm hoping things quiet down this week as the children settle into their school routine.

No comments: