Saturday, February 16, 2008

23 week crazy

So, I'm going to whine for a minute, and then I'm going to get it together and get on with the good stuff.

Yesterday two people told me that I was huge. Strangers. What do you say ?"Thank you!" or perhaps " Thanks, I'm 23 weeks pregnant, short-waisted, and I haven't pooped in two days!" I think I'm just tired enough to have very little patience with people. I feel like everyone is wagging their finger at me, and I just want to wag mine right back. One grandmother has made a fuss about Ruby's first name, and the other is making a ruckus about her middle name. I can't keep up with the dishes or the children's constant messes, and Ella has been sick and especially dramatic this week. Oh, the tears. By taking a fifth job at Ella's school I've determined that five is two many, but I'm not a quitter so I'm going to make it to the end. May 30 is the last day of school.

Alright, I'm going to do some dishes and do my hair and try to find something to wear. I'm going to see The Vagina Monologues tonight with some friends, so I should just be happy that I'm getting out of the house alone for a while. Just laugh. My pants are all either too loose or too tight. Ditto underwear.

1 comment:

Odelsa said...

I completely understand what you are saying!!!! I'm 31 weeks pregnant and I'm measuring 34 weeks pregnant. They might change my due date. But I have been hearing this "you are Huge" since I was about 20 weeks pregnant. Hello! We are pregnant what in the world are we sopposed to look like. Do these people not know that we have to live in this body for 9 months. What do they think that we have not looked in the mirror!

This is your third child and you are beautiful, people should know better than to make those stupid comments. Specially women. You know what's my favorite..."I'm glad I'm not pregnant".I get those comments all the time, specially being high risk. Good luck, ignore it all and know that you are a great mom.

p.s i have the same problems with the pants.