Thursday, January 10, 2008

girl

It is a girl!

I had a fetal echocardiogram today because of John's heart problems, and the cardiologist got some good pictures and pronounced her "normal". I also had the level II ultrasound this afternoon and everything looked normal. I had an amnio as well. I am forty one and would like to spend the next five months enjoying my pregnancy instead of worrying. I often wish I was one of those women who have no tests and give birth in their vegetable garden, but for me a bit of science is reassuring.

I've asked little John a few times if the baby is a boy or a girl, and he has always said, "Gael". He is so smitten with Tess and Phoebe that I think girl will fit into our family nicely. Two years ago when Ella found out she was having a brother she was a bit devastated, so hopefully this will be the girl she was hoping for.

1 comment:

Potager Life said...

How lovely! Congratulations on the news of a girl!!!