Sunday, October 03, 2010

sunday


x lily, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

We went back to the Unitarian church today, and Ruby wanted to go to "my own classroom". I took her to the nursery for the hour while the other children went to their religious education classes on their own. It is quite a process to get all of them comfortable enough for me to actually sit with the grownups.

Daddy is home from Scotland, jet lagged and anxious for the mountain of laundry to be ready for the week. I'm just feeling lucky to have survived a week of fevers and chills, Annie's Mac and Cheese, and too many episodes of The Magic School Bus.

Ella's birthday is saturday. Nine. She is very nine, too. For Christmas all she wants is a rock tumbler. I've rented a shelter in the park, and she is worried that the leaves haven't turned enough for her party. Even nature has to work hard to make everything perfect for her day. We ordered a bushel of apples for games, and I'm getting applesauce cake cupcakes with maple frosting.

I just ordered a lot of dollmaking supplies from Joy's Dolls and Crafts. So far I'm making five dolls for the holidays, and I'm excited about being another step closer to my D90 dreams. Or my D5000 dreams.

No comments: