Wednesday, October 20, 2010

CSA tuesday


CSA tuesday, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

In summer's past I had time to blog about my weekly CSA, waxing poetic about beets and little pear tomatoes. This hefty bag of perfect fall vegetables called out for a picture. There's a pie pumpkin, a kabucha pumpkin,
peppers of all colors, broccoli, bok choy, lettuce, kale, and the whole bottom of the plate is covered in potatoes.

I've been making a special vegetable dish every night. It started with broccoli raab sauteed in butter with sundried tomatoes and topped with roasted hazelnuts. We moved on to quartered brussel sprouts pan roasted with shiitake mushrooms, and then I made farm fresh turnips braised in a miso broth and topped with toasted nori.



I'm thinking about making pumpkin cinnamon rolls this weekend, and I want to try a pumpkin curry with red kidney beans.

What is inspiring your fall cooking?

1 comment:

donnav13 said...

The people in your house have got it so good!!!

Simple and Easy and Quick is my inspiration. However, in reality I am a short order cook for three different eating styles - meat, vegetarian and picky. It is always a delight to make one dish that we all like.

Fall sends me into hibernation mode and I dig out the crockpot - baked potatoes, soup, beans, chili.

p.s. That scarf is incredible - quite an amazing maiden voyage.