Saturday, January 09, 2010

breakin' up christmas


breakin' up christmas, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

Hooray Jake, hooray John
breakin' up christmas all night long
Santa Claus, done and gone
breakin' up christmas right straight along.

Don't you remember a long time ago
The old folks danced the doesey-doe.

Breakin' up christmas is a tradional appalachian tune I always think of when we are carrying out the tree and packing up all the decorations. I was sad to see the tree go this year. I think it may be the prettiest one we've had even if Ruby did keep the bottom half fairly undecorated.

These are the nutcrackers I got for the children, and the nut bowl is starting to get low. John has a hard time so Ella cracks the nuts for both of them. I like to see them sitting at the table together eating nuts and talking, just the two of them.


No comments: