Saturday, November 07, 2009

handmade


handmade, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

It's the hair. I love making the hair. It satisfies my yarn addiction. The skirt is made from the ends of some Mini Boden cords that Ella got for her birthday. Such a groovy little skirt. I love her red wool felt boots too. I know she went to a loving home today.

I did some great Christmas shopping at the school fundraiser. I loved buying handmade and local. I bought Ruby a beautiful little maple bowl, a book, and a sheep puppet. For John, a pirate puppet. I got Ella a handmade necklace and talked to a friend and art teacher about some watercolour lessons for her.

I love our little school.


2 comments:

Rosie said...

Thanks for the visit! Yes, I'm loving the drop spindle--so much of the process makes sense now. I wasn't really sure what I was doing with the carding but now I "get" it. Anyway, I did my first batch of yarn all wrong evidently, but the twist set and I've knitted half a scarf. It's a chunky, knobby medieval looking thing--but it's my first piece I've done from livestock to garment, so I'll wear it proudly. I'll do a picture when I'm done with it. I'm sort of hooked!

Hip Mountain Mama said...

This doll is so sweet! We LOVE handmade around here!!