Sunday, September 20, 2009

apple

We bought a half a bushel of apples this week, along with our usual share from our fruit CSA so it was time for some apple processing. I made a big pot of delicious applesauce today, and Ella wants it hot in her Thermos for lunch tomorrow.

She and I went to the fabric store today to buy the material for her Halloween costume. We bought two yards of leopard print, a black boa for a tail, and a black mask for her eyes. I carefully avoided buying any other fabric, although they had some really neat native american prints that would be perfect for John's tipi bed. I need to finish all the projects I've started or gathered supplies for. Last night I bought the materials for six more large Waldorf dolls. That makes seven for the season. I'm donating two for the school's auction in late October and would like to sell a few before Christmas.

I've got Christmas on the brain. I'm making my lists. With three little people I have to start early. I'm making a doll and a baby clothes quilt for Miss Ruby. For John I'm thinking about a shiny red bicycle with training wheels. Ella is a little harder, but I know that she wants some sparkly chuck taylors. Oh, slates. Little House on the Prairie style slates and slate pencils for John and Ella. They have been playing a lot of shool. Ella will get some Stockmar watercolors and a big slab of paper. I'm making her a wool felt organizer for her colored pencils and aquarelles. She may be needing a spellbook. And Little Women by Lousia May Alcott.

I bought both of Amanda Soule's books this week, The Creative Family and The Handmade Home. I've read her blog for so long that I thought I might recognize every project, but it was fresh and inspiring. We'll be drawing even more, designing our own recycled clothes, and learning to embroider. I'm even re-inspired to use cloth diaper exclusively.

I'm staying home all day tomorrow and continuing some house projects, making oatmeal molasses bread, roasting butternut squash, watching Dinosaur Train with John, and enjoying a rainy Monday.

After yesterday, it is good to be reinspired.

No comments: