Wednesday, July 09, 2008

four weeks

After not writing a word for four weeks it is almost hard to say anything at all. My mother left monday afternoon, so I've managed to keep all my children by myself for more than forty eight hours. They had baths. I fed them healthy homemade food. I'm going to take the three littles to the lake at the state park on friday, my first solo outing.

I'm elated and yet ready to cry at every second.

Ruby sleeps at night. And I mean all night. She mumbles a bit, nurses, and then falls right back to sleep for hours. If I nurse her she will stay asleep for twelve hours or even more. By day, she is awake and wants to be held. She is content to ride in a sling, and I'm going to have to learn to do everything while she is in there. I'm not sleep deprived, just overwhelmed with the needs of three little people.

It feels very lonely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're here, we're here! Just far away physically. Keep your chin up, Sal.

xoxo