Tuesday, July 29, 2008

floyd fest


wagon, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

We are back from the woods. Our third Floyd Fest was loads of fun, exhausting. sweaty, dirty fun with three little people. John and Ella camped out for three nights, but Ri and the two littlest came home with me each night. We packed in the picnics and whatever the campers needed, and my knees are still aching. I'm posting six of my favorite pictures, but I didn't capture the ambience of the festival this year. Here are my pictures from last year. The festival is a feast for the eyes apart from the amazing selection of live music. I just don't snap as many pictures with a newborn strapped to my chest. She did wonderfully in the sling. Her only complaint was the Avett Brothers. Too loud for a girl of six weeks. Ella loved days of running around with her friends, hula hooping, and going to see fire dancing at night. Little John, "watermelon man" was happy as usual. He used the stroller as a climbing structure, rediscoved the wheel, and listened to a lot of banjo.

No comments: