Monday, June 30, 2008

stalking barbara kingsolver


field trip, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

Our big children are back after a week at camp Granny and Grampy. We have been at home staring at wee number three and cruising around the mountains like tourists. We heard that their was a local food restaurant in Meadowview, Virginia that might have something to do with Barbara Kingsolver, so we drove down for lunch. The Harvest Table was homey, fresh, and delicious. The potato salad had grated carrots and fresh dill. I had a chicken and vegetable wrap, and I think that even the wrap was homemade. The menu features locally sourced produce, meats, and cheeses. No, Barbara Kingsolver was not in the kitchen, but this sweet little spot seems right up her alley and in her neck of the woods. I think I've even convinced my husband to read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle as soon as he is finished Sandburg's biography of Lincoln. He and I were once in the same book club, but he eventually dropped out when he refused to read any fiction. Hence, he has never even heard of The Poisonwood Bible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just 2.5 volumes to go!