Saturday, May 17, 2008

Yes, I am still pregnant

Thirty four weeks, four days. I look like I'm having triplets or baby elephants, and I can't get particularly comfortable. I saw the doctor yesterday, and she was measuring thirty five weeks and bouncing around. I got checked because of all the contractions that I've been having, but they don't seem to be doing anything. I only have two appointments left, one on the next to last day of school and a final one on June 6.

I added a few phone numbers to my speed dial this week in case I do indeed go into labor early, and this morning I did a whole load of baby laundry.

I feel like I have two speeds these days, stupor and slow. While in slow mode today I finished the sling chair covers for the porch chairs and sanded and repaired the wooden part of the chair. I rescreened the patio doors, made tabbouli, and quickly reverted back to the stupor mode. I actually fall asleep whilst sitting up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow - your "slow" mode makes me feel downright lazy!

kat ("feeling your pain" with it all - i still have fresh memories of almost a year ago and i haven't forgotten any of it yet!)