Friday, May 02, 2008

friday

Back in August I sold most of my baby things at a yardsale. Ella was starting kindergarten. We were old. We were done with swings and bouncy seats. Weeks later, I knew we might be needing some of these things just one more time. Luckily, John still slept in a crib, and I had the pack and play for travelling. No one bought my car seat with the missing base, and I still had a few boxes of baby clothes.

Over the past few months a lot of nice things have come my way to replace the things I got rid of. Today my friend put a bassinet in my car when I was over at her house. I've never used one before, but it could be great for beside my bed or in the living room in the afternoons. I think that the only thing that I need now is a swing, and I want to get one of those low portable ones like I had last time, a swing that doesn't take over the living room.

Of course I can look at those sleek mod baby magazines and want a space age stroller and streamlined birch bouncy seat. I want a moses basket and an extremely organized diaper bag. Then there is the question of a nursery. It doesn't exist in this house.

Luckily each child seems to need less and less "gear".


I counted the days today. Forty.

No comments: