Wednesday, March 05, 2008

it pours

Now daddy has a sinus infection and I have sore throat , hacking, and general exhaustion. I can handle it as long as the kids are sleeping, but the days are like torture. I have let them watch about seven hours of pbskids today, and, oh, the guilt. I had to go over to the hospital this morning and do my one hour gestational diabetes test. The hospital is about seven minutes away so I drank the vile orange liquid, waited forty minutes or so, and then drove over. My doctor does make it easier than most by allowing a no carb breakfast, so it was not too bad.

My sweet sick husband let me take a nap this afternoon. He had one earlier. I got a funny compliment as well. "How do you do this all day?" It is just different for me. I'm not quite as exciting. Right now they are doing improvised yoga poses on a yoga mat in the kitchen.

Tomorrow I have my bonus 4 D ultraound. It is nice to be headed to one that is relatively stress free. We are planning on taking both of the children as well and making it a family event. Today I'm not even sure how many weeks pregnant I am, but Ruby is stretching her skinny little limbs from my ribs to my pubic bone. Long and strong.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ugh, that's how it usually is over here, too. One of us goes down and the rest follow. I hope your US is wonderful!

ps - that pregnancy pet peeve you left at my place. Wow ... just, like, gosh. Poor you!

The Mater said...

First of all, CONGRATS on the new baby-to-be!! Ruby! I've been away far too long.

I'm writing this at 4:30am, sore throat has me up. Just had a sick day for the stomach bug going around - schools are breeding grounds. Will probably call in sick again - twice this week. I think I need some TLC - I've been giving a lot of it lately and no refund policy.

You take care and thanks for your very kind wishes at my blog!

Can't wait to meet Ruby online when she arrives!