Tuesday, December 05, 2006

handmade thrifty irish sheep


handmade thrifty irish sheep, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

When I have two or three nerves left I like to make a little something. This is the sleeve of a felted fisherman sweater and a black sock.

I've been trying to wean John, and he is fighting the good fight. He stomps his little feet in a rage. He also trys throwing food, or, if we are in the grocery store, groceries. Giving up nursing means giving up the five minutes of peace in the afternoon. During the day he will take snacks and whole milk, but at night I have much less willpower. I'd sell my soul for the little bit of sleep I do get, so when he wakes up in the middle of the night I tuck him into my bed and get back to the business of sleeping. The hours between midnight and six am are not functional ones for me.

No comments: