Thursday, November 02, 2006

ella japanese


ella japanese, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

Here she is in all the parts of her costume. Some of the accessories did not go out trick or treating because of the all important candy bag. I love that she wanted to be japanese instead of the ubiquitous fairy princess. Of course, what does she want to be next year? Fairy princess. We were almost an hour late for the town trick or treating, but she got a few pieces of candy, and we went to dinner at Moosewood 72 with some friends and their daughter. It was a mostly vegetarian buffet, good for the most part, but, god, don't ever roll fish fillets in oatmeal. Next year I'd like to do a dinner party at someone's house and trick or treat at five houses who made homemade treats. Who has these mysterious popcorn ball making neighbors? Maybe it could be a caravan. The town trick or treat is good for daylight treating and convenience, but it lacks the spookiness of going up to the doorway, not to mention the gutbusting nature of all that artificial color and flavor. Not that I'm against sugar in all forms. Moosewood 72 had little tiny yummy pumpkin pies and dark chocolate pie cut in bitesize pieces. Next stop, Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am constantly in awe of your photography and your beautiful kids. I know I should comment more, but after your sweet comment today (thank you!) I just thought I'd let you know, I enjoy visiting your blog very much as well.
That costume is just unbelievable.