Wednesday, November 29, 2006

advent stockings


advent stockings, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

Cruising the crafty blogs, I saw some handmade stockings hung on a ribbon to use as an advent calendar. Then Magic Cabin had a kit. Twenty five days is a long time, but I started cutting the felt. They are all stiched up and I've decorated eight of them. They have little rick rack loops and hang on a green ribbon. I got the little german elf to move from stocking to stocking to mark the day.

As soon as this is done, I'm putting away the motherlode of craft supplies in the dining room. The checkers set is almost done, and it it is pretty amazing if I do say so myself, but these are the last giant projects. I'm calling in the big guns this weekend. My mother is coming for a few days to babysit while I try to finish some of the house projects that I have started and then abandoned in favor of felt gingerbread men and button reindeer.

Come New Years we will have lived in this house for one year. Our bedroom is still Navy blue, and yet it must stop being navy blue. I was out and about shopping with a friend today and I wanted so many housey things. Flannel sheets. Big candlesticks. Candles. Warm room things.

No comments: