Friday, September 01, 2006

maiden vogage


maiden vogage, originally uploaded by ellajohn. I took the second shift after all the littles were tucked in their beds. I almost can't believe that this is practically in my living room. I feel a little melty. The post-Ernesto winds were rocking the walnut trees as I was floating in the bubbling water.
Tomorrow we are headed out to the farmer's market for some purple and yellow string beans. Ella and her friends were actually fighting for them at a playgroup yesterday. This is quite surprising after her recent announcement that the only green thing that she likes is parsley. For a few days she said she would only eat "Japanese" vegetables and gobbled up a plate of hijiki seaweed, soba noodles, and crispy tofu with miso glaze. I'm just not worrying about her diet any more. She is even more of a sponge these days, a darting quick thinking sponge. I have to say I love her current passion for all things Japanese. I won't tell her I feel the same way or she would change her mind. She wants to be "Japanese" for Halloween in a kimono, obi, and dangling butterfly hair ornament.

No comments: