Thursday, October 13, 2005

cameras, heating oil, and glitter removal

These are my domestic tasks today. I bought a digital camera a few minutes ago, the Canon SD 300 Elph, after reading days worth of reviews. I had a lengthy flirtation with the Nikon Coolpix, but I read in one review that it was mediocre for baby pictures. I was always so happy with the SD 100 until it's untimely death, so hopefully they have really corrected the lense glitch. It has 4 megapixels, and although everyone seems to be up to about 6MP for the family snapshots, I was always happy with 3.2. I saw a scary picture of every pore on my face recently taken on a 6 mp camera.

In the afterglow of Ella's birthday party, much of the house is covered in glitter. She secretly opened a small bag of fairy dust and sprinkled her room "for good luck". There is even glitter stuck to the baby's head, and I found some glittery bread on top of the fridge. She has continued some of the art projects from the party here at home, and has added glitter and sequins to her fairy wings.


OK, the heating oil is ordered. Hopefully everyone in the family is ready for wearing socks 24/7 because I'm counting on six hundred dollars worth of oil to last until february. Ella is ready with the footie pajamas, and strangely enough she is seldom cold.

My throat is killing me and my fingers are aching. I'd do just about anything for Ella to take a nap.

No comments: