Monday, October 31, 2005

Barbie from Hell

Barbie is an insipid woman I would not be friends with if she walked out of the playhouse. I was so sad when Ella met her at the DISNEY princess birthday party she went to last week. Don't forget to say "disney", the little girls said. I was so happy when E wanted to wear her real dress up dress instead of the one DISNEY princess get up that she received for her birthday. I did tuck it in a little bag in case she wanted it later when she saw that all the other little girls had tattooed DISNEY across their foreheads.

So, she cried these big tears and wondered why she didn't have an Ariel Barbie. She hasn't mentioned it since, and I have found that their are many similar dolls for pretend play without the big boobies and the oddly shaped feet.

For the record, I like princesses. I like dolls. I just don't like Barbie. Did a Barbie ever climb Mt St Helens in a jogging stroller? Did a Barbie ever stand under the world's largest Sitka spruce tree? And did she ever see twin baby Grizzley Bears or drive across the whole United States at the age of two without a single potty accident? Well. Ella did, and hopefully her adventures will be even more exciting than any trip to the Dreamhouse could ever be.

Ok, it is Halloween, and I have but one true goal. No vomitting.

No comments: